Note on the fridge

Collection of stories from the many notes and magnets on the fridge.

So, who owns this fridge?

"Don't forget to vote on the 27th of November, 2010" :: from the Australian Electoral Commission

Friday, November 26, 2010

I have to admit, its not something I look forward to. Seriously, its all a joke.

"But man, by voting you have the power to shape the economy and the society around you". In an idealistic world, I wouldn't argue. But this election is no different to being given the option of choosing one out of 3 monkeys to save you from a firing squad.

No matter which monkey you'll pick, you're screwed. AND they'll probably back-flip a few times while you're getting perforated. Soo many different analogies: lipstick on a pig (no matter who or which political party is in power, it's just different make up), broken record, same sh!t different term of office, etc.

This was one part of turning 18 that got me both happy and sad knowing that full well at the end of the day, popular topics win votes, not whether or not the politicians really believe in something.

I'd vote for someone who says "I'll eat a plate full of dead locusts if I back-flip on increasing funding to healthcare and the environment". There you go - I've found our solution to Victoria's locust problem! It'll all be fixed straight after the election...

I have to get my vote in early as both myself and the wifey will be heading to Daylesford tomorrow for Dupe's wedding. Classic wedding weather forecasted: Rain showers, mostly cloudy and mild (with 6mm of rain). That's Melbourne for ya! It's great to see Dupe's finally taking the plunge (don't know why its called "plunge" - maybe us guys should read into that a bit more carefully...) :D

At the very least his wedding will always be remembered as the wedding held on the same day as the state election. The wedding is a much more memorable event though, that's for sure.

0 comments: