Note on the fridge

Collection of stories from the many notes and magnets on the fridge.

So, who owns this fridge?

"Got gas?"

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This reminds me of three things:

1) The good ol' days of getting a gas bottle in Malaysia: I still remember a truck from a local store sending huge gas bottle supplies to houses when I was in Malaysia. They would come in with a huge green gas bottle, connect it to the stove at the back of our house in Bangi, test it in a tub with soap water (if there are leaks in the connection, you get this awesome combustible bubbles - not that I tested it out :D), and then take the old bottle and be on their way.

As far as I know, only businesses have opted for natural gas supply and only a few places in Malaysia has natural gas supply to residential areas. Why? It costs a lot for infrastructure, and there's a shortage in natural gas supply in Malaysia. They should come out with myself and a few of my friends after a get together in Lygon St. We have enough gas to supply a small country. And no need for the odourisation process either :D

But I do remember those days and how cool it was to see these people drive around and replacing gas bottles for households. And how we used to get to know the gas technicians as they would come quite regularly and even let us play around with the broken gas taps when after they replace it.

2) Time to get a BBQ set: Wifey and myself just moved into a new place with a pretty nice enclosed backyard space. For the first time, we suddenly have an area we can have a BBQ! Woot woot! Bestnyer, and finally we can invite people over for a classic shrimp and snags on the barbie!

Now, a few contenders have been on our list, but would love any advice from people on any BBQ sets they've used. I would love to get this before the in-laws come over so that we can have a nice BBQ in the cool breeze of spring, before either the locusts or swarms of classic Aussie blowflies come around and hassle us on the brink of summer.

3) An excuse to visit my favourite place, Bunnings: This place has EVERYTHING! Its a man's paradise, and a woman's saving grace if they want to have some alone time and send the husband to do "blokey" things. I'm hoping to go soon as I have a project planned to make a kitchen trolley for wifey. I'll post the blueprints soon (once I have approval on the specs from the wifey) and would love to hear some ideas. Would love to get both my father-in-law and bro-in-law involved as our mini project when they arrive.

Keep your eye on this space - I'll put up some pics of the BBQ set and the blueprints soon.

So... you got gas?

0 comments: